My Blog List

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The first 24 hours

What were the first things you did when you got your Nokia N8? First of all, the E72 had to give up all its contacts, sms, calendar entries, personalisations, bookmarks etc to the N8 and that was handled seamlessly using the Data Transfer and a Bluetooth connection. 

Charging or not charging?
I've been reading conflicting reports around about whether or not you need to do a 15 hour initial charge of the phone and decided to do it just in case. Its been recommended that you do this for the first few charges, draining the battery completely and then charging it for a prolonged length of time. Correct me if I am wrong.

Updated Firmware 
I downloaded the software updates to the N8 to make sure I didn't have any unnecessary bugs.  

Turned off key tones

I just can't stand it when someone else is typing an sms and every letter is making a beep sound. So I did to other what I would want others to do to me. Off. 

Updated Ovi Maps

With the phone coming from overseas, I needed to import the Australian maps into the N8 rather than sit around waiting for the program to download maps on the fly. Just doesn't work so save your hassles and potential car accidents and get these updated early. Best of all, its all free!

Checked Google docs

Was a little disappointed that even till now, mobile phones still don't know how to handle google spreadsheets well. Word documents turned out well and the touch screen enabled a much more decent scrolling. 

Checked whether Quickoffice was free

Confirmed that unfortunately, unlike the E series, this does not come with free editing. That you will need to pay for but you can still read XLS DOC and PPT files without a problem. 

Tried out the camera

Took a few shots but was a little disappointed with the results inside the house at night until I switched to night mode and the excessive flash was toned down and produced a very decent photo. Haven't tried the video yet. Customisation on the camera was much more extensive than other phones. That's why it won the awards right? 
More later... but what did you do on Day 1?


No comments:

Post a Comment