My Blog List

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The N8 finally arrives..

My Nokia N8 finally arrived yesterday after a prolonged delay. For those that don't know, my N8 was a prize from an Ovi meetup organised by 1000 Heads in London on the eve of Nokia World 2010! It was a little disappointing to receive an opened box but nevertheless, the phone was all there. 


Initially I thought that it was missing a mini SD card but I guess I wasn't familiar with phones that have 16GB space in their internal memory! Question: Why did Nokia produce one of their first SEALED in battery device on a phone which is capable of so much? So many people would be buying back up batteries to switch between during events where the video and camera are getting fully utlised. OK I digress but that's the difference between a blog and a review. :)


Apart from someone else doing the unboxing for me, the first impression of the device was pretty good. The flaps that protect the SIM card, SD card and HDMI slots were flush to the point that it took quite some effort to open them up. As a left hander, I claim discrimination with the main button sitting in a spot that makes it a cramp-risking bend of the left thumb to reach. The E7 will be more friendly. 


As many have said over the last few months, the phone feels really nice in the hand. The portrait keypad is a T9 but many will find this useful anyway. Next post we'll look at the first steps when you get a Nokia N8.

No comments:

Post a Comment