My Blog List

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fring on N8 = FREE local calls



I've always been one for making the most of whatever technology or telecommunications plans that you sign up for. One of the things we organised for is VOIP with our iiNET plan which gives us unlimited free local and national calls.

I found that we under-utilised our iinet talk pack so for many years I've been trying to get VOIP working on my mobile phone. Now, the N8 is serving as my voip handset when I am out. This will allow me to call local numbers for free rather than pay through a bleeding nose with my mobile plan. VOIP is one tricky beast to tame and I've settled for using FRING to make my iiNET voip plan work. FRING allows you to use your mobile for gmail talk, msn etc but I use it mainly for signing into my iinet voip plan. I've found Fring crashes much less on the N8 than on my nokia E72. What VOIP set up have you got with your N8?

No comments:

Post a Comment