My Blog List

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Swype - OK fine! it's an awesome app

Before I got my Nokia N8, I read some reviews of different applications to download once I got the phone. Swype had only just been released and people were saying that it was not a good application because you could either type or swype. I wasn't sure whether that criticism was about the Android version only but that kept me from downloading the application for a good three weeks until now.

The other day I read some top 5 applications for N8 posts and kept seeing Swype. It really surprised me. The application is very intuitive and accurate, even detecting where two consecutive letters are needed for example typing "needed" only just required swyping "n-e-d-ed". Also where there are different options for words, four suggestions can be shown.

Most importantly, there is no requirement that you choose between SWYPING and TYPING when you are using the N8 in landscape mode (portrait mode does not support swype obviously). You can alternate between swyping and typing when you use difficult words like names. Have fun and leave your comments about swype below.

No comments:

Post a Comment