My Blog List

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What to Do When My N8 Won't Send Emails

Recently had some problems with email on my phone. For some reason, the emails would not send. Today, I was able to mysteriously fix the problem by deleting all the outbox items that had been queuing to be sent and when I sent another email, it went off without a problem. This was a surprisingly easy fix for a problem that had me looking into every section of the phone's settings, connectivity, email, internet and preferences over and over again. If you have a mysterious problem sending emails from your N8, maybe try delete all the emails from your outbox and try again.

Another thing I discovered was that the Nokia email program does not allow you to send any attachments that exceed 4mb. This bombed my idea of uploading videos and photos via facebook's upload-by-email function. Anyway I am sure you all would find it useful to know the size limit for attachments.

2 comments: