My Blog List

Monday, February 28, 2011

Nokia N8 vs Nokia E72

As many of you will know, before getting the Nokia N8, I was using the Nokia E72 which I still find hard to part with, so currently I am using the E72 as my primary phone and the Nokia N8 as a complement to the E72.

So how does that work practically? Which phone do I use for what situations? From my own experience, this is what I have found to be the indispensable features of both phones which make letting go of either phone a great difficulty.

N8 pros vs E72 cons 
  • Photos First of all, in my recent trip overseas, I did not take a point and shoot camera. Well I did, but it was more accurately called a camera phone and the Nokia N8 performed exceptionally well as a point and shoot. So for photos, the Nokia N8 is now my go to device. 
  • Videos For the same reason we have dropped the point and shoot for the N8, the N8 is much preferred for shooting videos, producing HD videos worthy of a big TV screening later. 
  • From 0 to Search As mentioned earlier, Nokia has created a widget which can be added to your N8 homescreen which allows you to type in your search. Then with one press of the button you can search your whole phone for this word or search Google. This is faster than opening up a browser in the E72, then running a search. 
  • HDMI connectivity is probably only useful with the Nokia N8 camera but I've also found it quite a novelty to run Opera Mini on a very maxi TV screen! Add the bluetooth keyboard in and you've made your home (or friend's) TV internet ready :)
  • USB thumb drives We won't even mention this with the E72 because such a feature was only in E72 developers' imaginations but the Nokia N8 allows you to open up documents in a thumb drive, view photos and even edit documents from your phone (thanks to QuickOffice being now available for N8 users) 
If you would like to see the arguments for keeping the Nokia E72, head over to our other blog here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment